What is Autism Awareness
Autism Awareness is a project of the Grassroots Awareness PAC, a federal political action committee dedicated to raising awareness and advocating on behalf of children with autism spectrum disorder and other important health issues affecting Americans. Grassroots Awareness PAC, Inc. is proud to be officially registered with the Federal Election Commission in Washington, DC. Our FEC ID number is C00618033.
Autism Awareness is working to: boost public awareness awareness of autism spectrum disorder, mobilize voters to advocate for Congressional action to increase federal funding for autism research and services for children with autism, support candidates for federal office, recruit new members and raise much needed financial support for our life changing efforts.
By working together, with courage, love and integrity, our efforts can make a difference in the lives of children with autism and their families.
Autism Awareness advocates for children with autism spectrum disorder and their families. We educate our community about autism spectrum disorder, and mobilize political support for autism research and services to help children with autism and their families. We are a principled voice for the dignity of every child and committed to helping every child with autism spectrum disorder realize their full potential.
What we do
Autism Awareness is a grassroots organization working to improve the lives of children with autism spectrum disorder and their families through awareness and political action.
We address through the political process some of the most pressing concerns for children with autism and their families, such as the need for increased autism research and expanded services to help children with autism realize their full potential.
Thanks to the support of friends across the country, we’re establishing a tremendous record of success:
- The Autism Awareness message is being communicated in person, through direct mail, the telephone and the internet, helping reach more people than ever before with information about autism spectrum disorder.
- Autism Awareness is educating and mobilizing voters from coast-to-coast, calling on Congress to increase federal government funding for autism research and expanded services to assist children with autism.
- All of our efforts are in partnership with our supporters, without whom our efforts would not be possible. By working together, we’re creating a grassroots movement, to make a difference in the life of every child affected by autism spectrum disorder.
Why We’re Successful
More children than ever before are being diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder. It’s a public health crisis for our nation, and pressing challenge for children with autism and their families. Thanks to efforts by Autism Awarness and other organizations, more Americans than ever before are getting involved in helping children and families affected by autism.
We’re very proud to maintain the high standards of fiscal accountability. Autism Awareness is a project of the Grassroots Awareness PAC, which is pleased to make regular reports available to the public about contributions and expenditures. We want our contributors to know their donation is a worthwhile investment, one that is leveraged through effective political action in support of increased federal government funding for autism research and services to help children affected by autism and their families.
Autism Awareness is committed to integrity, diversity and making a real difference. We believe that how we conduct ourselves is essential to our success in producing lasting results that make a lasting difference to children and families affected by autism.
A growing number of children and families are faced with the challenge of autism spectrum disorder. Autism Awareness provides a way for everyone to help! You can join our efforts today in three ways:
- Contact your US Representative and US Senator today. Urge them to vote for increased federal funding for autism research, and increased support for programs helping children and families address the challenges presented by autism spectrum disorder.
- Talk to your friends and family Autism spectrum disorder. Tremendous process has been made in increasing awareness of this condition. However, many people are still unaware of the signs and symptoms, and don’t know about the treatments available. Treating autism spectrum disorder early can help reduce a difficiles that a child with autism faces, and help to maximize their strengths.
- Sign the petition, asking Congress for increased funding for autism research and increased support for autism treatment programs.